Since installing iOS 12, contacts that have been transferred from a computer are no longer appearing on your iPhone. Learn how to fix iPhone contacts disappeared on iOS 14 or 13.
iPhone contacts don’t disappear? Have you ever had an iPhone contact disappear from your iPhone and not know why? Is the one person that you’ve been trying to contact for months suddenly gone? If so, then this guide is a must read.
2D Your iPhone contacts missing or your iPhone contacts missing after an update?
Wondering how to recover lost contacts from your iPhone after an update?
If yes, then read this entire article because you will find the best ways to solve the disappearing contacts problem with iPhone 12/11/XR/XS Max/iPhone 11/8/8 Plus/7/6 etc.
Contacts are important for everyone to stay in touch with family, friends and loved ones.
But when the contacts are lost or deleted, it is very painful for the users because they do not know why the contacts on the iPhone suddenly disappeared.
So to help you out of this situation, I have prepared this article.
In this guide, you will find some of the best ways to restore missing contacts from iPhone 12/11/11 Pro/XR etc after iOS 14/13/12 update.
Table of contents
Why are my contacts missing from my iPhone?
There are several reasons why iPhone contacts disappear, but it appears that the main reason is due to a bug in the operating system.
When an error occurs on your phone, it is a direct indication of a system error that causes unwanted loss of contacts and other data.
Remember that a single mistake can very easily erase your valuable contacts, so you need to rectify this mistake.
If you have updated your phone to the new iOS 14/13/12, this error was indeed caused by the update.
The update adds some new features and fixes some bugs. In addition, there are other reasons, including:
- Unintentional or accidental deletion of files
- Formatting or restoring the unit to factory settings
- Phone Jailbreak
- Malware or virus attack
- Restore or Sync iPhone with iTunes
- Some physical damage such as water damage, fall from height, etc.
After finding out the reasons for disappearing iPhone contacts, it is time to give you some of the best ways to recover deleted iPhone contacts.
Part 1: Recover deleted contacts from iPhone without backup (recommended)
If you are experiencing problems in recovering missing contacts from your iPhone, it is advisable to use a powerful recovery tool like iOS Data Recovery.
Using this tool will never let you down as it can easily restore all lost/deleted data from iPhone.
With this tool you can solve the problem of data loss and it works not only with contacts but also with other data like photos, videos, notes, call history, messages and others.
Yes, it is,
Compared to iTunes, all data can be retrieved selectively.
This also means that you can restore important contacts from your iPhone using the backup. This powerful software works on all versions of iOS and requires no technical knowledge.
So, if you are seriously looking for how to restore deleted contacts on iPhone without backup, we highly recommend this program.
So it is time to take action and download iOS Data Recovery tool to recover lost contacts or recover iPhone data.
Recover iOS Data – Recover lost/deleted files from iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
The best and effective tool to recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. Unique features are
- Instantly retrieve many types of data such as photos, contacts, iMessages, videos, WhatsApp, Kik, Viber, call logs, documents, notes, etc.
- Recover lost data in any critical situation, such as screen crash, unintentional factory reset, formatting, virus attack or other reasons.
- Allows one-click recovery of deleted files without backup.
- Compatible with all versions of iOS, including iOS 13/14
Step by step guide to recover lost contacts from iPhone
Part 2: Directly restore contacts that disappeared from iPhone
It’s time to get familiar with the manual options that will help you recover the missing contacts on your iPhone.
So let’s go:
Method 1: Forced restart of the telephone
Performing a forced restart of the phone can help you recover your missing contacts on iPhone. Therefore, the following steps are required to restart the iPhone.
For iPhone 6/6 Plus – press and hold the home button + power button for at least 10 seconds and release when the Applelogo appears on the screen.
For iPhone 7/7 Plus – Press and hold the power button + volume up button until the Apple logo appears on the iPhone.
iPhone 8/8 Plus/XR/XS/XS Max- Press and hold the Volume up button. Then repeat the same for the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the power button until the Apple logo appears on the iPhone screen.
Method 2: Turn on and off contacts in iCloud
If you can no longer see your contacts on your phone, it doesn’t mean your iPhone contacts are gone forever.
They are still in the device itself, but invisible.
So just enable and disable contacts in iCloud.
Perform the following steps:
- First, launch the Settings app on your iPhone and tap iCloud. Users of iOS 11, iOS 12, and later versions should go to Settings > Your User Name > iCloud.
- Now find the contacts and activate them if they are disabled. When the pop-up appears, tell iCloud to replace the contacts. If it’s already on, turn it off and on again.
- When prompted, select Delete from my iPhone. But don’t worry, because all your contacts are in iCloud and will be visible on your phone.
Method 3: Checking contact group settings
You may know that the Contacts app has a group option that lets you easily manage all your contact settings to deal with missing contacts on your iPhone.
Perform the following steps:
- First open the Contacts application on your iPhone
- After opening the contact lists, select Groups from the left corner, as shown below.
- Now, on this page, make sure your contacts are not hidden. Also select Everything on my iPhone, not Everything iCloud.
- Finally, click on the Done option. Now refresh your contacts and see if the deleted contacts are back or not.
Method 4: Change default account settings
Before proceeding with this method, you should know that Apple has removed this feature from the default account in iOS 11.
Now follow the steps below to continue:
- First call the Settings application on your phone
- Now look for the Mail, Calendar, Contacts feature. Under Contacts, select Default account
- Here, replace On my iPhone with iCloud as the default account.
Method 5: Logging out of iCloud and back in again
If your iPhone contacts are missing, try this method to restore your contacts.
- First go to Settings > Your name, then down.
- Now click on the Close button.
- Tap the Apple parties, and then tap Disable.
- Now activate the contacts or whatever you want to render, and then click Finish.
- Finally, you must click the Finish button again to confirm.
Method 6: Resetting network connections
You can also try resetting the network settings and then re-entering the Wi-Fi password to recover the missing contacts on your iPhone.
- Now go to Settings > General > Reset Network Settings
- You must enter the access code here
- You will receive a warning that this action will remove all network settings. Select Reset Network Settings to resume operation.
- Now check if the invisible contacts are back on your iPhone.
Method 7: Restore deleted contacts from an email account
It is possible to restore deleted contacts from emails. If you recently deleted your email account, your contacts may have been deleted as well.
Therefore, add your account again and open the Contacts function. This will help you recover your contacts on your iPhone.
Method 8: Restoring deleted contacts from iTunes backup
When you restore your iPhone, it can also restore the missing contacts on your iPhone.
Follow the steps below to continue:
- First start iTunes on a computer that is already backed up. Now connect the iPhone with the USB cable and press Trust this computer on the iPhone to establish the connection.
- Here you need to tap on the iPhone and then tap on the Summary tab. Then select Restore Backup in iTunes and choose a recent backup from the list.
- Click the Restore button and wait for the backup process to complete.
- Now restart the device and synchronize it with the PC.
By following these steps, you can recover contacts that have disappeared from your iPhone 6 and other devices.
Method 9: Make sure Contacts is enabled in your Google Account
One of the best ways to avoid losing contacts on your iPhone is to sync your contacts with your Google account.
But if the contacts are disabled, there is a risk of losing the contacts on your iPhone.
- First, go to your phone’s Settings app, then to Contacts.
- Now go to Accounts > Gmail > select your Google Account. Make sure you have activated the Contacts function
Method 10: Restore deleted iPhone Contacts with iCloud Backup
It is also one of the best ways to recover missing contacts from your iPhone. Just follow the steps below:
- Go to icloud.com and sign up.
- Now click on Settings
- Here you need to click on Restore Contacts. You will get various options like restore calendar and reminders, restore files, restore bookmarks.
- In a pop-up window you will see several options. Now select the backup of the contacts you want to restore and click Restore.
- Here you need to click the Restore button again to confirm.
- This requires a waiting time of a few minutes. When the recovery process is complete, a pop-up window will appear and you will need to click OK to complete the process.
Method 11: Restoring missing iPhone contacts and other iPhone data from iCloud backup
There is another way to restore missing contacts from your iPhone using iCloud, but your device must be synced with it.
Perform the following steps:
- Go to Settings > General > tap Reset > Erase all content and settings.
- Now go to Apps & Data > click on Restore from iCloud Backup > then log in to iCloud > click on Select Backup.
- Now confirm and wait for your full backup to be restored. Here you can see the iPhone contacts on your phone as usual.
Bonus tip – How to restore important contacts from your SIM card
Many Android users want to switch to the iPhone, and when that happens, everything pretty much changes.
You need to transfer all data from Android to iPhone, especially contacts.
If your contacts are on your SIM card, it doesn’t take long to transfer them to your iPhone. Just follow the steps below carefully:
- Insert the SIM card on which your contacts are stored into the iPhone.
- Now go to Settings > Contacts
- Scroll down and find SIM contacts import, tap it.
In this blog, I have presented you with the best practices,
I wish you to restore your missing iPhone contacts without any problem. The methods are easy to follow, and I hope it works for you.
To recover iPhone contacts without backup, use iOS Data Recovery software.
If you liked this blog, be sure to like and share it with others.
If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment in the section below.
You can also contact us through our social media pages such as Facebook, Twitter
Sophia Luis is a professional blogger and SEO expert. He enjoys writing blogs and articles about Android and iOS phones. She is the founder of Android-iOS data recovery and is always looking for solutions to problems with Android and iOS devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why did iOS 14 delete my contacts?
iOS 14 has a new feature that automatically deletes contacts that are no longer in use.
Why have my contacts disappeared from my iPhone?
Your contacts are stored in the contacts app on your iPhone, not in the phone itself.
Why did my contacts disappeared?
Your contacts may have been removed by a recent update to the app.
Feedback,iphone contacts disappeared 2020iphone contacts disappeared 2021iphone contacts disappeared after updatecontacts suddenly missing from iphoneiphone contacts missing namesios 14 contacts bug,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,iphone contacts disappeared 2020,iphone contacts disappeared 2021,why are some of my contacts missing from my iphone,why did my contact pictures disappear iphone 2020,iphone contacts disappeared after update,contacts suddenly missing from iphone,iphone contacts missing names,ios 14 contacts bug