If you’re a fan of Apple’s OS X and you’d like to try it on your Windows machine, but you don’t want to buy a Mac, this tutorial will help you install it with VMWare Player. VMWare Player is a free and open-source (GPL) virtualization software that is used to run virtual computers in one operating system on top of an existing operating system, e.g. Windows on top of Linux.
macOS is a great operating system for Mac computer users, but it doesn’t always play well with Windows. If you have a Windows computer already and want to give this OS a try, but you’re worried about running into compatibility problems, today I’m going to show you how to make a virtual machine on your Windows computer that will allow you to install macOS.
During Apple’s last WWDC event, which took place in June, we saw a lot from Apple. We’ve seen everything from the latest iOS 15 to macOS Monterey to other updates to privacy features. Mac users can of course install the beta version of macOS Monterey. If you like to try and explore new operating systems, you can read how to install macOS Monterey on Windows using VMware and other emulators here.
For starters, macOS Monterey has a lot of great new features. The ability to integrate content from Apple Music and Netflix directly into your Facetime conversation via SharePlay. Now you can stream AirPlay items from your iPad or iPhone to your Mac system. With so many cool features implemented in the new operating system, everyone wants to try the new macOS Monterey. So read on to learn how to install macOS Monterey on VMware on a Windows PC.
To install macOS 12 Monterey on Windows
Many of us only have Windows PCs, but there’s no denying that macOS is a great operating system. And what’s great is that you can have macOS on a Windows PC. There are ISO files of macOS Monterey, which means you can install macOS like Windows. But it’s a bit of a complicated way to install macOS Monterey on Windows. In this tutorial we will use a VMware workstation. Let’s start with the requirements.
- VMware Workstation 16 Pro (latest versions)
- VMware Unlocker
- MacOS 12 Monterey ISO file
Download and install VMware Workstation
To run macOS 12 Monterey on Windows, you need to download the virtual machine software. VMware is one of those great programs you can use to try out macOS Monterey. You can easily emulate almost any operating system.
- Go to VMWare’s download page to download the latest available version.
- Start the installation program, Windows will ask you if you want to change all programs, click yes.
- During installation, you must accept the terms of the license agreement.
- Once you have accepted, the installation will start soon.
- At the end of the installation you will see a dialog box telling you that the installation has been completed. Click on the Done button.
Download and run VMware Unlocker
Unlocker replaces and fixes various VMware files, so you can boot macOS without any problems. To download this unlocker, please visit the Unlocker page on GitHub. After downloading the unlocking software, you can extract the zip file. Now locate the file win-install.cmd, right-click on it and run it as administrator. The command window opens. It checks whether VMware tools are available for macOS or not. Otherwise, the program will start downloading the file, which is about 620 MB in size. The download speed depends on your internet speed. After downloading and installing the file, the command window will automatically close.
MacOS Monterey ISO file download
The most important step here is to get the ISO of macOS 12 Monterey. For Mac systems, users can register their supported Mac systems to receive the beta update and then download the DMG file. Since VMware doesn’t read DMG files, you will need an ISO file of the operating system. You can find operating system download links by doing a simple Google search, or even by quickly scrolling through Twitter to find a download link. Download the macOS Monterey ISO file from the links people use and the file is legitimate enough. The ISO file of macOS Monterey will weigh about 15 GB.
Installing macOS Monterey on VMware
Now that you have everything you need to run macOS in VMware, let’s start the installation process.
- Open VMware and click Create new virtual machine.
- You will now be asked to choose the type of installation. Select Typical installation and click Next.
- On the next screen select I will install the operating system.
- Select Apple macOS X and choose the latest available version.
- Give your virtual machine a name. As for the default backup path, leave it as it is.
- Select the maximum hard disk size for the virtual machine and choose the option to save the virtual hard disk as a single file.
- This screen allows you to configure the hardware of the virtual machine. They change the amount of RAM, CPU, etc.
- Select the NEW CD/DVD STATA option, select Use ISO image file and attach the downloaded ISO file.
- When all settings are complete, click the Close button and then the Finish button.
Modification of the VMX file from macOS Monterey
You must make changes to the VMX folder for VMware to run macOS Monterey. Go to the Documents folder on your system. Open Virtual Machine > macOS Monterey and right-click on the macOS Monterey.vmx file. Open the file in Notepad. And add the following line at the end of the code
smc.version = 0
And as soon as you add a line. Just press the Ctrl and S keys to save the file and close Notepad.
Enable the virtual machine to start macOS Monterey
- Open VMWare, select the macOS virtual machine and click Activate this virtual machine.
- The system starts with the Apple logo.
- Select the language of your choice.
- Click Disk Utility, name your macOS, and exit Disk Utility.
- Now select Install MacOS 12 beta and click Next.
- Then select the disk you want to install and click Next.
- The installation process will now begin. Of course, this will take time and will happen naturally.
Setting up macOS Monterey
Now when you start macOS Monterey for the first time, the welcome screen lets you choose your country and language, and then settings to adjust your typing and diction. You will also be asked to connect your system to the Internet. You can skip the transition assistant and sign in with your Apple ID on the next screen. You will now be asked to create a system account with a username and password. You can then accept the conditions. From here you can disable Siri and choose your favorite system theme. Finally, boot into macOS Monterey on VMware or Virtualbox on Windows.
So you can install macOS Monterey on Windows using VMware or Virtualbox. Of course, some features may not work perfectly because it’s running on a virtual machine, and the fact that it’s a beta version, which may undoubtedly have some bugs. And once a stable version is available, the experience will be even better.
Check it out:
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I install macOS on VMware?
Yes, you can install macOS on VMware.
Can you run a Mac VM on Windows?
Yes, you can run a Mac VM on Windows.
How do I install macOS High Sierra in VMware on Windows 10?
1. Create a new virtual machine on VMware Workstation 2. Install macOS High Sierra in VMware on Windows 10 3. Install VMware Tools on macOS High Sierra in VMware on Windows 10 4. Create a new virtual machine on VMware Workstation 5. Install macOS High Sierra in VMware on Windows 10 6. Install VMware Tools on macOS High Sierra in VMware on Windows 10 7. Install VMware Tools on macOS High Sierra in VMware on Windows 10 8. Install VMware Tools on macOS High Sierra in VMware on Windows 10 9. Install VMware Tools on macOS High Sierra in VMware on Windows 10 10. Install VMware Tools on macOS High Sierra in VMware on Windows 10 11. Install VMware Tools on macOS High Sierra in VMware on Windows 10 12. Install VMware Tools on macOS High Sierra in VMware on Windows 10 13. Install VMware Tools on macOS High Sierra in VMware on Windows 10 14. Install VMware Tools on macOS High Sierra in VMware on Windows 10 15. Install VMware Tools on macOS High Sierra in VMware on Windows 10 16. Install VMware Tools on macOS High Sierra in VMware on Windows 10 17. Install VMware Tools on macOS High Sierra in VMware on Windows 10 18. Install VMware Tools on macOS High Sierra in VMware on Windows 10 19. Install VMware Tools on macOS High Sierra in VMware on Windows 10 20. Install VMware Tools on macOS High Sierra in VMware on Windows 10 21. Install VMware Tools on macOS High Sierra in
Feedback,mac update big surmacos updatemac os updatecan you play valorant on mac,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,VMware Workstation Player,VirtualBox,VMware Fusion,Parallels Desktop for Mac,QEMU,See more,mac update big sur,macos update,mac os update,can you play valorant on mac