Thanks to the new Windows Taskbar, you can now pin multiple icons to your Taskbar, making your computer look way more organized. With multiple applications running on your computer, you’ll often find a need to use the Recycle Bin. If you’re someone who frequently uses the Recycle Bin or is simply coming from a different operating system, you’ll know that there’s no way to pin the Recycle Bin to the Taskbar in Windows 10. Thankfully, a new hack allows you to do that, which is exactly what I’ll be showing you in this step-by-step tutorial.
Over the past few years, manufacturers have been working to make laptops more portable and to make them easier to use on the go. We’ve gone from a laptop being large and heavy enough that we have to have a couple of bags for it, to being able to carry a laptop on one of those “laptop” backpacks. This has lead to laptops which can be used with the keyboard detached, with the screen facing the ground, and even on a lap.
Vlad Turiceanu Editor-in-Chief
With a passion for technology, Windows and anything with an on/off button, he has spent most of his time developing new skills and learning more about the world of technology. With a strong background in personal computers,… Read more
- Some users prefer not to place the icons on the desktop, but rather dock them in the taskbar for easier access.
- However, some desktop icons are at first glance associated only with the Start menu.
- For example, the Recycle Bin does not offer the user the option of attaching it to the Windows 11 taskbar.
- This action is possible, and if you follow the steps listed in this article, you can do it.
If you’re one of those users who wants a tidy desktop without icons obscuring even one pixel of the new Windows 11 wallpaper, we can help.
You can already find everything you need in the Start menu, but what about the Recycle Bin? We assume you want to attach it to the taskbar.
If so, you should know that this process is simple and will only take a few minutes of your time. By following the steps below, you can achieve this and completely clear your desktop.
How do I pin the Recycle Bin to the taskbar in Windows 11?
As I said before, don’t panic, because attaching the Recycle Bin to the Windows 11 taskbar is very easy.
- The first thing you need to do, of course, is create a shortcut.
To do this, right-click anywhere on the desktop to bring up a menu from which you select New Item and then Shortcut.
2. Once you’ve created a shortcut, it’s time to choose a path for it. To ensure that you have created a shortcut for the Recycle Bin, enter the following path in the window that opens and click Next.
3. Now it’s time to rename this shortcut to your liking. In this particular case, you can give this shortcut the same name as the built-in Windows tool you want to place in the taskbar, namely Trash.
Congratulations, you just created a label!
4. But you probably also need an icon that matches the trash can icon. You can change them by right-clicking the shortcut and selecting Show Advanced Settings.
5. This action will display a classic right-click drop-down menu from which you must choose Properties,
6. In the settings window that appears, click the Change Icon button.
7. Another settings window will open and give you different icon options for the new shortcut. When you have selected the one you want, press Do and then Apply.
They’re almost ready! After completing all these steps, right-click on the new shortcut and select Show Advanced Settings.
8. In the last step, click on the Paste to Taskbar option and your shortcut will be automatically added to the Windows 11 taskbar.
Now that you have everything pinned to your Start menu or taskbar, you can enjoy a clean new operating system desktop.
Did this article help you? Let us know your comments in the section below.
Was this page helpful? Thank you.
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Take part in the discussion
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add recycle bin to my toolbar?
In the toolbar, click the “Customize” button. Then, in the “Toolbars” section, click the “Customize” button next to the recycle bin icon.
How do I show the recycle bin in the taskbar in Windows 10?
To show the recycle bin in the taskbar, do the following: Right-click on the taskbar. Click on Customize the taskbar. Under the Navigation section, click on Show recycle bin. Click OK.
How do I pin recycle bin to quick access?
Tap the Recycle Bin icon in the Dock and select Pin to Quick Access.
Feedback,recycle bin on taskbar windows 10where is the recycle bin in windows 10how to pin recycle bin to quick accesswindows 10 recycle bin pathremove recycle bin from desktop windows 10how to pin recycle bin to start menu windows 10,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,recycle bin on taskbar windows 10,remove recycle bin from desktop windows 10,where is the recycle bin in windows 10,how to pin recycle bin to start menu windows 10,how to pin recycle bin to taskbar windows 7,can you remove recycle bin from desktop windows 10,windows 10 recycle bin path,where is the recycle bin in windows 7